Friday, October 9, 2009

so sad

Today has been absolutely horrible. My dear friend, Angela was killed by her husband last night. The coward then took his own life. I am still in shock over this whole ordeal. The horrible thing is that their 10 year old son, Jonathan was sitting in the family truck in the driveway while all of this happened. Why did he have to find his parents this way? It's so unfair and my heart bleeds for him.

I keep thinking about how scared she must have been and then I become angry because I was probably doing something frivolous last night while it was happening. Was I shopping? Was I cleaning my house? I wish that she wasn't alone when he came to her house and did this to her, but I can't help but wonder: would he have also hurt whoever was with her? Probably.

Angela had been over a few times to visit with me and the boys, but I never snapped a picture of them together. How could I have not done that? I have my camera handy at all times. My boys will never remember her, they'll never smile or laugh with her. She was always the life of the party and you couldn't help but be joyous in her presence. She was so full of life and I can't believe that man took that away from her. Thankfully, Angela knitted each of the boys a blanket while I was pregnant. I'll always keep those blankets and I will let my boys know about the amazing woman who made it with love for them.

Please pray for little Jonathan.
I love you, Angie.

19 comments:

Alison said...

There really are no words to describe how horrifying this is. I am so sorry.

Beth said...

OMGosh, I'm so so sorry for your loss. How awful!

Lea Liz said...

I am so so sorry. Wow..... Prayers go out to youdor your loss and I am praying for their little boy.

Kelly said...

I am so sorry for your loss. That is awful! What a horrible man! I am praying for their son!

Joy said...

This is shocking and horrifying. My prayers for peace are with you and the family, especially her son!

Pyjammy Pam said...

Oh my gosh. How awful! :( I'm so sorry for your loss. :( Unimaginable. :(

Meant to be a mom said...

Thats terrible, Jennifer I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I will pray for her sweet son and hope that God helps him through this life. This is just horrific.

Sarah said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Horrifying and awful! (((hugs)))

Erin said...

I'm so sorry that this happened, and my heart bleeds for her son. Domestic violence is a real problem in this country, and it's horrible that women (and men and children) have to deal with these traumas.

Lisa said...

OMG, that is terrible : ( So sorry for your loss.

Deanna said...

How terrible...praying for you and everyone affected.

2SetsOfTwins4Me said...

I am so sorry, how horrific.
Sending my condolences to all the family, friends and loved ones

Karen said...

Wow Jen, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. My prayers are certainly with you and everyone who loved her.

Karen

molly said...

so sorry for your loss...tears. we will be praying for her little boy, and thinking of all her family & friends who will miss her.

Lisa said...

I am so sorry. I read this in the paper this weekend, to hear the personal connection makes my heart break for you and her son. It is so unfair.

Heather said...

My heart breaks for her poor little boy. I am so sorry for you and all who loved this family.

Meet the Brummett's said...

I found your blog through a friend of mine and being a mommy to twins myself, I thought I would pop on over. I'm so sorry and my heart is heavy for the loss of your dear friend. Sometimes, life really does not make sense! I will definitely keep her child in my prayers and you as you mourn this loss. God Bless!

The Wilson's said...

I don't even know what to say, but I hope that you and your friend's son can find some comfort in knowing that so many of us are thinking and praying for you all. This is so so terribly sad.

Mrs. Goodson...Woo Hoo!! said...

How tragic!! I will pray for their young son & hope that his mother is resting in peace.....I am so sorry for your loss!!