Saturday, October 17, 2009

Post-Baby Body

I'm posting this because I always liked hearing about it on other people's blogs.

When I got pregnant and found out I was having twins, I was elated!! I so badly, wanted to be a mom and my wish had finally come true. Then people started saying to me, "oh my goodness, you're going to be huge," and "good luck taking the weight off ::chuckle::"

If I said that I wasn't concerned about how my body would look after my boys were born, I'd be lying.

I think we all think about what it will be like. I hadn't been pregnant before, so I didn't know how carrying two babies would affect me. My body hurt after about 33 weeks of carrying around the little ones and I couldn't imagine what it would be like to feel "normal" again.

This morning, I hopped on the scale and saw that I am the closest to my weight goal than ever before. I don't plan on getting back to my pre-pg weight of 116 because my BMI was borderline for someone who is 5'6" (unintentionally -- I'm far from a dieter or exerciser!); but my goal is 120 and I'm only 4lbs away.


Overall, I feel healthy and energized (amazingly!). I'm getting stronger from constantly lifting the little guys and bending down to hang out on the floor with them all the time. It's like non-stop squats!

14 comments:

Allison said...

You look great! I only hope that when I have kids one day, I'll be able to look as good as you do post baby! :) Keep up the good work! You'll lose those last 4 pounds in no time!

Alison said...

You look amazing! Congrats on getting your body back so quickly!!!

Lisa said...

You look FABULOUS momma!!

Kelly said...

Jennifer...you look amazing!!!
I will pray and cross my fingers I can look like you after I have this baby....and I am only carrying one! :)

Katie Jo said...

You look awesome!!! I just pray I turn out the same way.

Jen said...

WOW! That is awesome. You look fabulous.

2SetsOfTwins4Me said...

You look Wonderful..
I got huge and my boys were born at 33 weeks with a combined weight of 10lbs, i couldn't imagine how big i would of got had i went full term, but i was lucky to shed the weight off fast also. The first time around was harder for some reason but the 2nd time around it just melted off.

Joy said...

You look awesome! Forget the other 4 lbs. Being 124 lbs is amazing for your height!!!

My goal is to reach 130-140 lbs by summer but if I got to 125 I'd be a happy camper (I'm 5'3").

Sarah said...

You look AWESOME!!! I am only 5 lbs away from being my pre-pg weight, but I think it will stay until I stop breastfeeding/pumping. I started off at 135 and when I delivered I weighed in at 183. Thankfully I lost it really quickly. I may do a now and then comparison on my blog too. :-)

Once Upon A Time said...

Thanks for being my motivation for about 6 months from now!

Jennifer said...

Thank you all so much :-) I'm feeling really good, which is the most important thing!

Meant to be a mom said...

You look so good. I'm not kidding. You had two babies in there. Its insane how awesome you look. My stomach looks way worse than yours and I only had one. I just wish I could get rid of the extra chub in the middle.
I'm so happy for you, you look great. Your boys have a pretty mamma.
Your inspiration to us all that we CAN get back to a good nice weight after having a baby and still look great.

Heather said...

You look amazing! Just wait til they start really moving, then you will be down to like 110!

JackieMac said...

Girl you look wonderful.