Thursday, October 1, 2009

I'm Bored

For the next 18 years (at the very least), I don't think that the comment 'I am bored' will ever leave my lips. Long gone are the days where I lounge on the couch watching movies with a glass of wine on the table and my dog curled around my legs.

Back in the day (just a mere 5 months ago), I would come home from work, take my heels off, put on something comfy and hang out with Justin. The craziest thing I would worry about was what we were going to have for dinner. My house was immaculate, my clothes were ironed and I didn’t' smell like spit-up. Those days are long gone and if I can be honest, while I desperately miss alone time with my husband, I really enjoy taking care of my family.

I am only working part time, which, compared to full-time moms who also work full-time jobs, is cake, but during those three days I am constantly running around like Ty Pennington on speed (wow, that's a crazy thought!). Now, in all fairness, I do catch a break after the boys go to bed which is usually around 8 or 9, but instead of relaxing, I usually make formula for the following day or fold laundry while I watch tv. I do allow myself some time to hop on the laptop and keep up with my blog because it's something that I really enjoy and I can do it while the babies are napping or staring at the dog. Tank and my mom's dog, Hailey have become fascinating to the boys. It'll be exciting when the boys are able to reach up and touch them!

Will I ever utter the phrase 'Justin and I spent Saturday in our jammies eating cold pizza and watching How I Met Your Mother reruns' ever again? Probably not any time soon. I have a feeling that Saturdays are going to be spent watching cartoons in the mornings and hopefully going on a mini adventure in the afternoons like I used to do with my family when I was little. Seriously, we used to have the best weekends!

When was the last time you had a lazy day?

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Lazy day...what is that?!
My hubby and I were just talking about this the other day...going on #3, I don't think I will get a lazy day for the next 19+ years.

Lisa said...

I feel the same way, until my DD goes to grandma's overnight once in awhile...me and my Dh will have our date night and then the next a.m. before she comes home, I think to myself "Geez, what did I do all days before I had her?" and I DO get bored! Thats all over pretty quickly when she comes back home though : ) And I can imagine it wont be happening very often anymore with # 2 on the way : )

Ange said...

I've been thinking about this lately too...how before Chloe came I was busy but busy doing frivilous kind of meaningless things.
Now my day has such an order to it that when I do get that hr to myself at the end of the day I sooo appreciate it!!
Bedtime routines are my best friend and I can always count on a little me time around 830pm every night.

Robin said...

Jennifer - I've been reading your blog for a year now, from my niece "The Foster Family" and wanted to post, first your baby boys are just adorable...and I love the pictures..second if I can say this, ladies enjoy this time, this craziness time. I am 45 and my youngest is 17 and my oldest is 25 (no grandchildren yet) I can say that there have been a few days where "I'm bored" has come to mind and it kind of sucks!! I miss the days when my kids were little, but in the same breath I am learning to enjoy myself and husband all over again. One thing I know for sure is it all goes by way to fast.

Meant to be a mom said...

I know exactly what you mean. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that having a baby would mean absolutely no free time whatsoever. But like you said its all wonderful busy time spent with our little ones so its all worth it. And you, have two! I can only imagine how busy things are at your house. I'm glad your loving motherhood though.

By the way, I love "how I met your mother" We have to dvr it now so that we can catch it when little man is asleep or not demanding all of our attention.

Laura said...

Ummm yeah... last lazy day was a few days before Cam was born. 4 months ago. I don't think I will ever get to be lazy ever again. Until after our kid(s) leave the house.