Friday, October 23, 2009

4 Months Old


We just returned from L & N's 4 month well visit and they're fast asleep laying side-by-side. Because it's cold season, we were at the pedi's office for an hour and a half. There were tons of sick kids there, so we waited in the hallway to try and avoid the germs. Hopefully it worked.

Here are the little guys' stats:

Luke -- 13lbs 10oz -- 24.5" long

Nolan -- 15lbs 2oz -- 25" long

After they were finished with the measurements, it was time for shots. I absolutely hate hearing them cry out in pain, but it was over quickly and they received their cuddles from mom and dad.

We were given the okay for cereal mixed with formula from a spoon. She said not to give it to them in their bottle so that they can get accustomed to eating from the spoon. We can start fruits and veggies at 5 months. I may try giving them cereal some time next week. I'm not really in a rush as they seem very content with their bottles at the moment.
They are both very responsive to our voices and smiling faces. I remember thinking back when they were just a month old that I couldn't wait for the smiles and now I'm getting them all throughout the day. It's incredible!
Another thing we did this week was get rid of the SwaddleMe's. I figured that since Nolan was rolling, I would take the opportunity to get them both out of the swaddle habit. Since we've done it, we've had to go into the nursery a couple of times a night to give a paci and rock back to sleep, but it hasn't been awful. I am missing my 8 non-stop hours of sleep though.
I am looking forward to what the next month will bring!

3 comments:

WantWait&Pray said...

Your boys are SO cute! My hubby and I just recently found out we're expecting twins (fraternal) through IF treatments so I'll probably have some questions for you in the near future! :-)
Congrats on your 4 month cuties!

Leigh said...

Jennifer, they are doing so great! I love their little red cheeks in the pic :)

I am still waiting for those 8 hour sleep blocks (!) and mine are only 2 weeks behind yours, although mine were 8 weeks prem

kace said...

the boys are precious; they have grown so much! i hate doc offices in the winter... stresses me out. hope the lil dudes have done well with their shots :)