Wednesday, September 16, 2009

This is new...

For the past five days or so, Luke has been savagely trying to eat his fingers. He does this even after he's been fed so I know he isn't hungry. There has also been an abundance of drool and bubble blowing on his part. Could he be teething already? He does this maneuver when he's laying down where he twists his entire upper body to the side so that all of his baby drool gets everywhere and he starts grunting and the finger-eating commences.
He's also been pretty fussy, which is completely out of the norm for him. Both boys are usually fussy in the evenings, but Luke has been fussing in the afternoons as well. Any opinions on what could possibly be going on?
Here's my little cutie chowing down.Fingers...NOM, NOM, NOM!!!

4 comments:

Little Wonders said...

Mmh, my guess would be that it's a little early for teething. But what do I know? My LOs are totally into licking/chewing their own hands right now, too ... maybe it's just a stage they're going through? Either way, your boys are awfully cute!!

Kelley said...

Kayla started doing this about 2 weeks ago too. I think it's just part of "finding" their hands.

Sarah said...

Sounds exactly like Landon! Drools a lot, fists and fingers always in mouth, blows bubbles then spits the saliva.

Laura said...

Yep, I agree with Kelley. Cam is doing it too. I think they've just "found their hands".