- Heating bottles in the microwave. Every book I read while I was pregnant said not to do this because microwaves can cause heat pockets in the formula, so we bought four...yes four, bottles warmers. Why did I do this?! I figured that I'd need two for the kitchen and two for upstairs for night time feedings. After a month of listening to two screaming babies while it took five minutes to heat up their bottles, I decided to test out the microwave. Two bottle in for 45 seconds does the trick for us. I am always sure to shake the bottle up to get rid of any heat pockets before feeding the boys. They've survived so far!
- I let our dog kiss the boys. It's not like he's licking them in the mouth. He tries to lick their faces (I think he likes the formula) and I try to head him off, but sometimes I'm not quick enough and he get them! A little doggie slobber can't be all that bad, can it?
- Napping on the Boppy. It clearly says NO SLEEPING on the tag, but if that's where they fall asleep for a short snooze, that's where they remain.
- I still rock them to sleep at night. I just can't put one down in the crib 'awake, yet drowsy' like the books suggest. What if he starts screaming and wakes bis brother? This is why I ensure they're both fast asleep when I lay them down.
- I let them hang out on 'soft surfaces' like my bed and fluffy comforter while I get dressed or straighten up my room. For that matter, I've also put them in the laundry basket with clean laundry in it.
- I've put them in the pack n play and left the room. Gasp! It's not like I'm gone forever. Sometimes mommy's got to run to the bathroom!
- I dont' strap them onto their changing table. When they were much smaller, I didnt' strap them into their bouncy chairs either. It's not like they were going anywhere. Now I have to strap them into the bouncies because they move around so much and I'm afraid they'll fall out!
- I let them play with knives. Kidding!!
Would you like to confess to any 'Mommy Rules' that you break?