Tuesday, September 8, 2009

back to work

This is going to be a quick post because I'm quite tired, but I started work today. Luckily for me and the boys, my firm took me back on a part time basis, so I'll be working Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Last night, we fed the boys at 9:00 and they were in bed by 9:30. They woke at 4:10 to be fed and were back in their cribs by 4:45. I was up at 5:30 so that I could shower and make myself presentable and in the office by 7.

My mom will be watching the boys while Justin and I are at work. She came this morning after I had already left (Justin was still home) and she got them ready for the day, gave them their bottles and then she takes them to her house, which is where I pick them up later on in the day.

I didn't cry at all, which surprises me. I missed working and my friends from work, but I thought I would be much worse when leaving the house in the morning.

It worked out beautifully this morning and I hope it continues. I realize this is a very boring post, but, like I said, I'm tired. I've been up since 4:10. Hopefully the boys go right to sleep after their 9:30 bottles tonight!

7 comments:

Allison said...

definately not a boring post! We love getting to read about whats going on in your life! Im so glad that going to work was okay with no crying! :) Hoping for 930 bedtime for the boys!- their mama needs some sleep!

Leigh said...

Gosh, Jen, I hope things go as smoothly with our twins when I go back to work. Somehow, i'm doubting it :)

Now more to the point, how on earth are you getting the boys to sleep for 7 hours???

what's their schedule like during the day?

Kelly said...

Sounds like you have things working great! Thanks goodness for family to watch the kids. I don't know what I'd do without my mom and mother-in-law!!
If you are ever interested in me making you a custom header with matching background, let me know, I'd love to do it for you, your family is adorable!!

Meant to be a mom said...

Not a boring post at all. I'm glad to hear your first day back to work went well. I know it must be hard but I can imagine wanting to get back into a schedule with other people. I'm sure having your mom watch the boys helps allot. I hope it stays great for you. And how nice of your firm. Thats just great.

Jenifer said...

That is wonderful. I remember going back to work in March and I didn't cry either. I was surprised at this. It only gets easier, trust me. Plus part time is great. I wasn't able to get part time but I do work 7-3pm so Im able to pick up Ian from daycare early in the day and he doesnt go to bed until 9:30 so we have tons of time together.

Dee said...

Thats great that you got to go back part time! GOOD LUCK!

Newlywed Next Door said...

That's awesome that you're going back to work and you're happy about it!

You sound like me. I know that I will miss work when I someday (hopefully) take maternity leave.

That's so great that your Mom can help watch the boys! Family is the best.