Sunday, August 2, 2009

What I Can't Live Without

Now that I've been a new mom for a month and a half, I thought I'd share some what I can't live without.
Coffee.
Enough said.

Grandmoms and Grandpops.
Without them, I wouldn't be able to quickly run errands, get extra sleep, get a pedicure, see a movie with my husband, have a couple of extra arms to hold a crying baby while I'm feeding the other...the list goes on. They're amazing and I seriously don't know what I'd do without them!

My sister
When she comes to my house, she is always offering to help out with chores and I take her up on it! In the beginning, I couldn't push a vacuum cleaner, let alone lug it upstairs to the bedrooms. She was always there to help. She's also an expert baby holder!


Boppies
They're lifesavers. When I'm finished feeding Luke, he usually needs to sit up for about 20 minutes because if he doesn't, he'll spit up. I can't always hold him because I need to feed Nolan. I just prop him up in a Boppy and it's all good!
Carrier
I just started using this last week because it says on the packaging that the baby needs to be 7 pounds. Nolan isn't too fond of the carrier, but Luke LOVES it! When he's crying and I need to get things done around the house, I just load him in and do my thing.

HoMedics Sound Spa Lullaby
I heard about this sound machine with projection on the Bump and honestly, I love it!

Sleepers with zippers.
I'm not a fan of snaps. When you need to quickly change two babies' diapers in the middle of the night, zippers are where it's at.

Mylicon
Before Luke's formula was changed, he had such terrible gas. The poor little guy was in such pain. We were told to use Mylicon to relieve some of his pain and thankfully it worked. I haven't given it to him in a few days and he's been feeling much better.


Shout Advanced Spray Gel.

If we didn't have this, there would be stains on everything we own.

Baby Monitor

How did parents of the past get anything done without a baby monitor??

As the time goes by, I'm sure I will have loads more to add!

10 comments:

kace said...

Such a good list! Your boys are absolutely precious and you look amazing to have just had two lil babes. I'm jealous :)

Ange said...

This is so true! Funny thing is - everything you just listed I would've listed also!!
Isn't the "baby crack" machine awesome!!

Tabitha said...

I'm agreeing with kace...are you sure YOU had those two precious boys?!? You look great!!

Karen said...

We are registering soon so your list had great timing! I added the sound machine as a must have. Thanks!

2SetsOfTwins4Me said...

Yes, thank goodness for family!!!!!

You look beautiful by the way

Joy said...

I'll add "lap pads" to the mix! Saved a ton of washing and saved our sheets/changing pad covers from stains!!!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for the nice comments ladies! I feel pretty good, but I'm definitely not "back to normal" yet...there's lots of 'tightening' that has to be done, but I just can't manage to work out...I'm too tired!

Meant to be a mom said...

All great things to know. I will keep all of these things in mind when getting ready for ours.

I agree with your first comment. You look great. Congrats on that.
I mean you had two. Seriously and you look like that!

Ellie said...

Wow you look great. So thin already!

Samantha said...

Thanks for the list!! It's always good to know what baby gear is essential. BTW, your boys are so adorable!!