Friday, August 28, 2009

Vacation Preparation

I'm going to be scarce in the coming week because we're going on vacation! Yes, even the little guys. Ocean City, MD, here we come! I have been packing for days. The boys alone have 2 duffel bags plus their pack n play, stroller, beach tent, travel swing...I could go on. It's insane. I know that it probably won't be a very relaxing vacation, but we love being at the beach so hopefully that makes up for it!


Last year's beach trip!
Eating Curly's Fries on the boardwalk -- yummmm!!



Since we went back to our original sleep ritual, things have been much better in the sleep department for mom & dad. The boys have been great the whole time, but we drove ourselves a little insane when we tried to let each boy wake on his own terms at night. We went back to waking the second baby at night when his brother woke up to eat. They've been going 4 1/2 to 5 hours between feedings at night, which means we usually get a 3 1/2 to 4 hour sleep stretch. Sometimes I have to wake in between feedings to comfort and offer a paci when one of the little guys get fussy, but it's not too bad!


It's back to work for me when we return from vacation. I am actually really excited about it. I love my job and I love the people I work with. I know I will miss the little guys during the day, but they'll be with my mom which is a comfort to me, plus it'll be nice to actually wake up in the morning and put on something pretty and go to work and have lunch with my friends. I'll be working three days a week and will be with the boys for four consecutive days. I think that's a good compromise!


...can't wait to put my babies' feet in the sand!!
I hope everyone has a lovely week and a great Labor Day Weekend!! God Bless!

3 comments:

Heather said...

O WOW! Jennifer, I love your new header! The pictures turned out beautiful. Such a gorgeous family.

Have a great time on your vacation. Sounds like the boys are sleeping pretty well at night for you.

Oh, you asked what area I live in PA. We are in Reading (Berks County). Anyway, have a fantastic time!

Erin said...

Have a great trip, sounds like a blast! And good luck on your return to work. I think a 3-day work week will be great for you, especially b/c your mom will be watching the boys. I know that I personally like my days out of the house for the exact reasons you mentioned, but would probably go crazy if I were away from my guys every single day!

Kelly said...

Have fun, it sounds like a lot of fun!!! :)