Sunday, August 23, 2009

One Happenin' Saturday Night!!

My goodness, how our weekends have changed since we became parents! Last night our friends Melissa and Eric came over with their niece Cloie. Now, just a year ago, it would have been entirely different. We would have had some drinks, played a board game or Wii and hung out until around 2 a.m. This time around, with a little girl and two infant boys, it wasn't quite like it used to be!
We should have known because for the past week, from about 6 to 9, the boys have been pretty cranky. It's not pretty. Justin and I sit there and look at eachother and pray for a smooth bedtime!

Overall it was a nice night. It didn't last late into the night as it once would have, but just spending a couple of hours with our friends is a great night in our eyes!! Cloie was so energetic, but very good! It makes me excited for the day when my boys will be her age! She colored a picture for us which is hanging on our refrigerator. Nolan was very cranky, but he's no match for Aunt Melissa who held him and sung him crazy songs from our grade school days. I held Luke in my lap for quite a while. He wasn't terribly cranky at that point.
We fed the boys a bottle at 8:30 then put them in their cribs at 9. Melissa, Eric and Cloie left then :( Justin and I went to bed at 9:30. You read that right. 9:30 on a Saturday night! We were pooped. The little guys slept from 9 until 2:15 though!! That's 5 hours and 15 minutes! Hopefully this continues, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
For old time's sake...


2 comments:

melissa78 said...

We still had fun!!! Love you guys!!! Cloie slept from 10pm to 930am it was GREAT!!!!

The Wilson's said...

I'm jealous that you can put your boys down around 9! Every night we put Jackson down before 10, he's up every 2-3 hours. If we wait until after 10, then he'll go 4-5 hours inbetween feedings. I don't know how he knows the difference!