Monday, July 27, 2009

Shots. I think it hurts mommy more than it hurts you.

We took the boys in to the pediatrician this morning for their second Hepatitis B shot. I was very anxious because I don't like needles, so naturally my boys won't like them...right?

Here we are before we left.
Sad mommy...sleepy boys.

While the four of us were sitting in the waiting room, we met two families: one with an 11 month old and the other with a one year old. The kids were so adorable! They were wobbling around the activity table screeching and waving hello to one another. My little guys were resting in their car seats, but I was looking at them and thinking to myself that I can't believe they're going to be that big some day and they'll be wobbling around and talking to each other!

We took the boys back for their shots and they did remarkably well. They cried for a minute or two, then calmed down and fell asleep. I was giving them extra cuddles because I felt so bad, but they didn't seem to care.

Luke and Nolan have already changed to much since we first bought them home. Justin was looking at them in the rear view mirror today and was saying that Luke doesn't actually look like he's drowning in the car seat like he did just a couple of weeks ago! I've also had to put some of their preemie clothes away because they no longer fit in them. Thank goodness for that!!

Mom Mom and Poppy have offered to take the boys overnight for one night this week and also this coming Saturday night. I can't tell you how excited Justin and I are to get a full night's sleep! This is the best present they could offer us at the moment! Don't get me wrong...I'll miss the little guys, but actually sleeping for a full night will make us more productive parents. I'll let you know how we make out...

5 comments:

Joy said...

Poor babies! I hate the shots, too! You can request a topical numbing cream to reduce tears and reduce the fear of the doctor's office (newborns don't mind as much but once they get bigger it can become a nightmare).

Alison said...

Poor little guys! I hate needles too.

Lea Liz said...

Aw.. I know I always hate when Brody has to get shots!! I love their car seats! It is amazing how fast they grow!!

2SetsOfTwins4Me said...

Its always sad to see them get shots.
How exciting for them to watch the boys for you overnight, i am sure you will feel so refreshed after a full nights sleep.

Mrs. Goodson...Woo Hoo!! said...

A whole nights sleep; whatever are your bodies going to think about that!! Hope that you guys have a good night off!!