Tuesday, July 7, 2009

my hospital bag must-haves

The boys are down for a nap so I figured I'd take a few minutes to talk about my hospital bag. I received some pretty great suggestions from my previous blog and I wanted to let everyone know what I used and didn't use.

What I was SO happy I packed
My own clothes -- on my first day in the hospital, I just wore the gown that they provided because I was uncomfortable and was terrified of anything touching my incision. After that initial day, I wore yoga pants and comfy tops. I still wore the hospital gown at night though because my own are too short.
Slippers
Underwear -- I used the hospital mesh ones for the first day, then switched to my own.
Laptop
Hair Dryer
Flat Iron -- you all can call me crazy, but it's nice to feel a little pretty even if you're shacked up in L&D.
Onesies, sleepers and little hats -- Luke was in the NICU for 6 days and I liked that he had his own things to wear.
Pillows
Boppy
Robe
Cell Phone
Camera / Video Camera
Toiletries -- but that's a given


What I left up to the hospital
Pads
Towels & wash cloths

I'm sure I'm missing something and will add it later if I can remember!

6 comments:

Alison said...

Your babies are gorgeous!

Mrs. Goodson...Woo Hoo!! said...

Love the family photo & thank you for the hospital bag info.....I don't know why but I am worried about what I have & have not packed & keep packing & repacking the stupid bag!

Meant to be a mom said...

Those are all good things to know. I'll keep those items in mind when I'm packing.

I hope you and dad and the boys are doing good.

ASHELY said...

you and your hubby are looking great as parents! I am so happy for you. that little family photo at the top of the blog is GREAT! congrats again!

KHS said...

I love the new layout. What a cute picture of the whole family!

Ellie said...

I saw Tank, and he looks so much like my Boston Terrier, Dezi. I have pictures on my blog if you want to see him! Aren't they the smartest dogs?!