Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Great...I'm sick.

On Monday morning I woke up around 8:30, checked on my sleeping boys then took a quick shower. The boys woke at 9:30, so I fed them, gave them their baths they we played on the floor for a little while (as much as you can actually "play" with a 3 week old!).

Here are the little men after their bath. Their newborn outfits are still pretty big on Luke, but Nolan is fitting into them a little better.


After the boys went down for a nap, I started feeling like I was coming down with a cold. I took my temperature because I was freezing, but it was perfectly normal. I took some Airborne and tried to relax on the couch.

The feeling just wasn't going away. After Justin came home, I put dinner in the oven then we took the boys for a walk. When we returned home from the walk, I was not feeling well at all. I was very dizzy, so I grabbed the thermometer again. I had a temperature...great. It was only 100.1, but it was enough to make me miserable. The boys are 3 weeks old and I'm sick. How did this happen?!? I haven't really gone anywhere or been around anyone who was sick.

We've been keeping a very close eye on the boys and they appear to be fine. Justin took their temps and all was well. I'm feeling much better today, but last night was awful. I could barely keep my eyes open, but luckily Justin took care of the feedings.

For the first week and a half that the boys were home, they were consistently waking every four hours for a bottle, but lately, Nolan has been waking every three hours. It's rough because we have to wake Luke at that time to feed him too (to keep them both on the same schedule), but Luke doesn't always feel like eating at that time. Trying to keep twins on the same schedule is HARD! If anyone has any advice, I'd be glad to take it!

7 comments:

♥Tabitha said...

Looks like your doing a great job, mama! They boys are beautiful! Hope you feel better soon!

Kristi said...

They are such cuties!!! You're doing great! Especially since it sounds like you're able to cook dinner and get some exercise in, too!!! I agree... keeping them on the same schedule is a must. My girls were on a 4 hour schedule not long after coming home from the NICU, but we eventually went back to 3 hours in order for them to get enough formula for them to sleep through the night. I know every 3 hours makes it seem like you're feeding babies all day long, but it may be a necessity to get them sleeping through the night in the next month or so! They have been back on a 4 hour schedule for the last month and are still sleeping 12-13 hours at night (They're 5 months old). HAVE FUN and I hope you get to feeling better!

Erin said...

You poor thing! Hope you are feeling better and are able to get a bit of rest in order to help your body heal.

As for scheduling twins -- as much of a pain as it was, I kept my guys on the same schedule, even when it meant waking a sleeping baby (which I always hated to do!). I eased up on that when Ben decided to start sleeping longer stretches of time at night -- because he would sleep entirely through one feeding and not wake up until the next (so he would sleep 6 straight hours). At that point, I started taking my cues from them -- and at 15 months old, they are on the same exact eating (and sleeping, a lot of the time) schedule -- because one will see the other in his high chair and want to immediately be in his chair, too.

Hang in there, it does get easier! Maybe try feeding the less hungry twin a bit less at his last feeding before bedtime in hopes that he'll wake up ready to eat, too ... Just a thought?

2SetsOfTwins4Me said...

Gosh they are precious. I cant believe mine were that little just 7 months ago.

Sorry you don't feel good....


As for the schedule thing, he will get used to it eventually, may just take a day or so. Mine were like that too, they came home from nicu on the 4hr schedule but quickly went to 3hr and by the time they were 12 weeks, they were sleeping through the night

Mrs. Goodson...Woo Hoo!! said...

The boys are just adorable & to me it sounds like you are just worn down...hope that you get to feeling better soon!!

Meant to be a mom said...

How terrible that your feeling so bad. I'm sure the lack of sleep does not help that situation. I hope you feel better soon. The boys are so cute!

Jasmine said...

Well i'm a twin and i know from talking to my mom that when my brother and were babies i ate every 3 hours like clock work while my brother slept more and ate less. My mom asked the doctor what she should do and she said feed to let my brother eat when he felt like it. If you think about it, it may be easier for you if both your twins weren't on the same schedule. You wouldnt have to feed two babies at once. I dont have children of my own as yet but ive talked to my mom ALOT. To this day I still eat more frequently then my brother, im up early while he sleeps in, im more scheduled while he's very laissez faire. Just thought you might like to hear from a twin :)