Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ultrasound & Update

Yesterday was my first day of maternity leave, but it was a busy one for me because I had an ultrasound and an OB appointment. The boys were measured at the ultrasound and everything is looking great! Nolan (Baby A) is weighing in at 3 lbs, 6oz and Luke (Baby B) is 2 lbs, 12 oz. I was initially worried that Luke was so much smaller than his brother, but the doctor assured me that the weights are wonderful for being 30 weeks and there's nothing to worry about because she measured the blood flow to each baby and it looked good. Nolan is lying breech and Luke is vertex. My OB said that she can't see them flipping in the coming weeks which means I'd likely have a scheduled c-section at 38 weeks if I don't go into labor before then.

Basically, I'm just going to take it easy in the coming weeks and try to keep the babies in there for as long as I possibly can.
Here are the boys at their first Phillies game on Mother's Day. It was such a beautiful day, but unfortunately the Phillies lost which seems to be a running pattern with me attending the games. I had hopes of eating a hotdog & having an ice cream or some crab fries, but the only thing I could manage was about 3 quarters of a hotdog! Not fair! Part of the fun of going to the games is getting to eat the yummy food but I get so stuffed after half a meal that I can't fit anything else. Better luck next time.


8 comments:

Erin said...

Great weights on the little guys! You look adorable in your Phillies' jersey, too. Try to enjoy the relaxation of your maternity leave while you can!

Sarah said...

Love the picture!

Heather said...

Great weights and what an adorable picture! Enjoy your maternity leave, rest and grow some babies!

Meant to be a mom said...

I just love your baby bump.
I'm glad the boys are getting to a pretty healthy weight. I'm no doctor but if they keep growing it looks like they will be at really good weights at birth. I'm glad all is going well.

Nicole said...

Congrats on the good ultrasound! You look adorable in your jersey. :)

Rebekah said...

Glad to hear the boys are doing great! Take it easy! You're pic from the game is so cute. I nominated you for an "award" on my blog.

Hoping to make it three!! said...

OMg you look awesome!!!

Joy said...

Awwww, such a cute bump! And yay for maternity leave!!!