Sunday, May 3, 2009

I've fallen and I can't get up!

Remember that old commercial from the 90's?! I feel bad for this poor woman because now I know what it's like!

It's been a pretty relaxing weekend for me. Not because I intended for it to be this way, but because I threw my back out early Saturday morning doing the most simplest of things. I woke before Justin and went downstairs to make myself breakfast. I had to feed Tank too, so I got his food & water bowl and filled them up. As I was putting the water bowl back on the floor, my back went out and I couldn't stand up. Great. I tried to make my way to the living room so I could sit down, but I just couldn't make it. I ended up half-laying, half-sitting on the kitchen floor for a bit until I heard Justin moving around upstairs. I knew he'd be down in a few more minutes, so I just hung out and waited for him. As soon as he came down, I burst into tears (there's those hormones for you!) and told him that I was so embarrassed, but I hurt my back and couldn't get up. After he scooped me up, I spent the remainder of my day resting my back. I think it's just from an extra 31 lbs of weight on the front of my body -- my back had enough! It's Sunday morning and I'm still not right. I've been walking around bent over at the waist, but there isn't a whole lot more I can do. Until then, I'll be camped out on the couch watching TV. I'm happy that the weather is rainy and miserable because I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything good! I hope everyone else is having a great weekend though!

1 comments:

Erin said...

how are you feeling? Did you start your maternity leave this week?