Monday, April 20, 2009

Hello 3rd Trimester!

I can’t believe it’s here already. It feels like just yesterday that I was wandering around my bedroom waiting to take a peek at the results on the home pregnancy test. I was so worried about the timing of the IUI I had 10 days prior. The timing felt completely off, whereas the timing of our first one was perfect, but resulted in a BFN. I just wanted everything to work out. I had previously taken so many tests where the results showed me only one line…it was heart breaking each and every time. I feel so incredibly blessed to be at this point in my pregnancy.

The babies are moving around more than ever and I’m getting to know their schedules a little better. It’s funny how they’re forming patterns already! According to my baby book, the little guys are measuring a little over 15 inches from head to toe and they’re probably opening and closing their eyes. I hope they aren’t mastering their father’s famous "wink." After Justin & I had been dating for about 5 years I had to point out to him that he was a ‘winker’ and that I thought it was giving women (aka, my competition!) the wrong idea. For instance, we’d be out to breakfast & the waitress would come to the table and say something friendly – Justin would reply & wink. Age didn’t matter. She could be 17 or 71 – he’d still give them a little wink. He didn’t even realize he was doing it, but I think these chicks thought he was trying to pick them up.

Anyway, back to my boys. Nolan’s been jabbing me in the ribs with his little feet. I was wondering about that. I thought it may have just been a pregnancy myth, but there is NO mistaking it when it actually happens. Another strange thing that’s been going on is the Michael-Flatley-Riverdance they’ve got going on in my nether-regions. What’s that all about?! Why didn’t anybody warn me about it? It’s very uncomfortable and the only way I can get them to stop is for me to bounce up & down on a chair. This is something I will warn my fellow woman about and let her know that it’s completely normal. I thought something was wrong with me (like one of the babies trying to make an escape) so I asked the doctor what was going on. He told me that it’s normal…but let me tell you: it doesn’t feel normal.

7 comments:

♥Tabitha said...

I can't believe your already in your third trimester!! Crazy!

Meant to be a mom said...

Third trimester! wow, Thats so great that your this far already. Congrats. As far as the wink thing, thats funny. I can totally see how that could be taken the wrong way by the ladies.
Good luck with all that river dancing they are doing. But I bet its still so amazing to feel them move and know they are there inside of you. I can't wait for that!

Sarah said...

LOL to the riverdance! What is totally freaky is when my belly is deformed bc both babies want to lean on way or my belly has a hill bc of a head. It feels like they are going to come right out of my belly. Glad to hear things are going well! Welcome to third-tri!

Erin said...

Don't you love the positioning of the babies? When I was in the hospital, I had to be monitored every 4 hours, and it was hilarious as the nurses tried to figure out what this huge bulge in my stomach was ... The doctors eventually ordered a sonogram because they couldn't figure it out -- and it turns out that the boys were in an "X" shape -- and I had this giant mound of baby butt sticking out of my stomach!

Kelli, Ken, Gia and Jackson said...

It is crazy to think about that we are getting so close! So excited for you, 3RD TRIMESTER! WOO!

Hoping to make it three!! said...

So exciting that you are in the 3rd trimester. Can you believe how fast it has gone? They will be in your arms in no time!

Heather said...

Way to go for making it to the 3rd trimester! Let me warn you that the River Dance thing gets awful at 34ish weeks. I recall being about 36 weeks and every time Josie (the lower baby) would move, I was sue my water was going to break. I would gasp from the force of her movements. So be ready!

You look fantastic in the wedding pics, by the way!