Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baby Shower

This past Saturday, the awesome women in my life hosted a baby shower for Justin & I. I knew the date & time of the party, but the girls kept me out of the loop when it came to the theme. When I arrived at the hall, I was so surprised by the "Under the Big Top" theme -- it was so original! My sister-in-law, Christa, came up with the idea for the party as well as the decorations and the amazing (and delicious) cake. Being a martini guru, she even conjured up a pg-friendly libation for me to enjoy -- the 'CosMompolitan'. Yum!!
Overall, it was an incredible day. I was surrounded by 70 women whom I love as we ate, laughed and awwww'ed over adorable baby clothes! Here are some pictures:

Justin & I

Our "Big Top" cake

We saved the little sugar animals in the freezer to put on the twins' first birthday cake.

The diaper cake Mom V & Christa made

Melissa getting the tables ready

My little sister & my adopted "little sisters" helping me open gifts


Me & Dad V post-party

Mom & I taking a breather!

8 comments:

Erin said...

What a great theme for the baby shower! It looks like you had a fun time, I hope you got a lot of useful stuff. How are you feeling?

♥Tabitha said...

That cake is amazing!

Meant to be a mom said...

So cute, I love the theme. Thats so exciting. Its getting closer. Hope you got all kinds of great baby stuff.
That cake almost doesn't even look like a cake. Very nice Job girls!

Kelli, Ken, Gia and Jackson said...

HOW ADORABLE! I love the cake and such a great idea to save the animals! Glad you guys had fun! By the way, you look gorgeous!

Hoping to make it three!! said...

Oh how fun. I hope you had a wonderful time! I love the theme!

Suzanne said...

Hi Jennifer,
It's great to "meet" you. I will definitely be checking out your blog as well to get previews into what I'm in for!

The baby shower looked like a blast!

WiseGuy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the cake and the decorations!

All the best!

Christi said...

wow! what a great baby shower! looks like you had lots of fun.