Tuesday, April 7, 2009

25 week update, ultrasound & a confession

Justin and I went to a beautiful wedding this past weekend so I'll count the pictures from that as as this week's "belly pic." We had such a great time and I was able to wear heels without taking a header on the dance floor. I was only able to dance to a couple of songs, but at least I tried. About 10 minutes after I sat down, my back started killing me so it was time to go.

I had an ultrasound today and the boys are doing wonderfully! Baby A (Nolan) is still breech and he's weighing in at 1lb 12oz. He was being extremely active during the ultrasound. The tech said she could feel him moving around under the wand!
Baby B (Luke) is transverse at the moment and he's weighing in at 1lb 14oz! At the last u/s, he was smaller than Nolan by 3oz, so he's grown quite a bit! He's the calmer of the two, so the tech was able to get pretty clear shots of him. Little Nolan's face is smooshed up right against the membrane, so his face shot isn't super clear. Oh well, maybe next time!



As always, it was great seeing the two of them moving around inside my belly and I can't wait for my next appointment at 30 weeks.
Confession: I'm going to purchase a maternity support belt. The strain on my back is becoming unbearable. I start out the day so happy and pleasant, and then come 1:00, the pressure gets to me and I become a little miserable. I'm really hoping that this thing works because it's hideous. If you've ever tried wearing one, I'd love to hear about your experience!

7 comments:

Erin said...

You look beautiful in the pictures! Great dress. I never tried one of the maternity support belts, but one of my friends who is pregnant with a singleton wears one and she said it helps a lot -- I would give it a try, if it doesn't help, you can always return it. Keep us posted!

Meant to be a mom said...

Looking gorgeous. The baby bump is so cute. The boys are just beautiful too, I can't wait to see your 30 week pics, you've really popped out since the last pictures you took. So much fun!

JackieMac said...

You are like the cutest pregnant women ever - I love the dress - you look great and I love your baby names.

The Wilson's said...

You look so pretty!!! I hope the belt helps you, a friend of mine used one and loved it.

Sarah said...

Glad everything is going well! You look great! Love that green dress!

{Mrs.M} said...

Hi Jen, I just found your blog and love it! Congrats on your twin boys!! I just love your green dress and nude heels (I've been looking for some cute ones!) Anyway, just wanted to pop over and say Hi! We're doing an IUI later this month :)

Leigh said...

I'm also pregnant with twins and I think, based on this post, that I'm going to try that maternity belt. Has it worked for you?