Thursday, February 12, 2009

While the husband is away...

I don't realize how much I rely on Justin for entertainment during week nights until he's away on business and I'm home alone with Tank. Even if he and I spend our night sitting on the couch eating pizza and watching Harry Potter, it's very comforting to me just to have him there making comments about what we're watching or talking about what happened at work that day.

He's away on business this week, so it's just me and the dog. I usually don't mind the first night or two by myself because I can catch up on my DVR'd Oprah episodes or tackle the closet that I've been meaning to organize for a month, but the days after that seem to drag for me. This week, I planned on keeping myself busy with friends and family every night and it's actually making the week go by very quickly!

Last night was a lot of fun, Chica and I planned to go to our favorite Mexican restaurant for "our usual" then we were going to go do some baby clothes browsing. When I was trying to get pregnant and it wasn't working, I would avoid the baby section of the store like the plague. It made me MISERABLE when I had to walk past all of the adorable clothes and toys. I sometimes feel a little guilty for being so excited about buying blankets and booties…almost like it could be taken away from me at any moment.

I haven't purchased a single thing for my babies yet aside from the onesies I used to surprise Justin with the news of my pregnancy (and one of those onesies was definitely for a little girl). I think I'm too afraid to jinx anything. I know that sounds ridiculous to a lot of people, but I can't help that it's the way I feel. I have no idea when I think it will be okay for me to start.

Tonight my mom and I are going to look at baby gifts for my cousin-in-law's!! I saw an adorable "Irish Cutie" onesie for her baby yesterday that I'm tempted to go back and buy -- hopefully I'm not too late because there was only one left. Maybe, just maybe, I'll pick up something small for my little guys while I'm there.

6 comments:

Kelli, Ken and Gia said...

Opinions are welcome. Thanks, so far that is our top choice, but I really do like Sofia. We are struggling for names for our little boy. I like Noah a lot. We were going to try to do family names, but it is tough!

Kelli, Ken and Gia said...

See, and I am the exact opposite. Ha! I am spending too much on baby clothes. Oh, and btw, don't buy a whole lot until you have your slew of showers (I am guessing there will be more than enough celebrating for you and your babies!) I got a TON of clothes for my shower. Another one planned here soon.

Erin said...

I didn't buy anything for my twins until I was probably 18 weeks or so, and that was before we knew the genders. I bought two unisex, size newborn terry-cloth sleepers (which I obviously still have!) and they hung on the dish-towel bar on our kitchen island for the remainder of my pregnancy! Buying that first thing is a little scary (and I totally understand not wanting to "jinx" things!) -- but it is definitely a good step to take. Let us know what you end up purchasing!

Meant to be a mom said...

I don't blame you about buying things, I feel the same way. But I think at this point you should definately be able to enjoy shopping for your little men.
Oh an I definately understand what you mean about the hubby being gone. I feel the same way when mines away. Its just nice to have them there. :)

Kelli, Ken and Gia said...

Well, Ken did all if not most of it. I picked things out, he went and got it and then did the painting and assembling himself.

You aren't a slacker. I don''t have a stroller yet or carseats... I think you are a head of me in everything other than the nursery.

I am deathly sick right now, completely lost my voice and miserable because I am refusing to take anything.

Kelli, Ken and Gia said...

Thanks for the comment on Gia's pictures. That is one of my favorites too! I am trying to find time right now to do Mary Kay stuff but I just can't get motivated! I am in a contest to sell 24 dollars to 24 people in 24 hours. So far I have 2. :(