Monday, February 23, 2009

Sunday was the kickoff to week 19! I'm almost at the half way mark! I'm feeling the babies move around in my belly so much more now than I was before. Last night, Justin and I were watching a movie when the babies started really squirming. He came over to me and put his hand on my belly right where I was feeling the movement. It took about 30 seconds, but he felt the babies kicking too!! What an awesome moment for the two of us!

Here are the 19 week belly pictures. The first one is what I see when I look down towards my feet. I can't see them unless I bend forward!
We had a really fun weekend! On Friday night, we had some friends over for dinner and dessert. On Saturday morning I went to visit my friend Janeen and her baby, Gabriella who was born on February 1st. She was SO tiny and adorable! That night we went to Justin's cousin's 40th surprise party and on Sunday morning we did our "usual" and met Mom and Poppa V for breakfast (which I look forward to every weekend)!

Here's this week's food comparison: mangoes!

I have an OB appointment this afternoon and I have quite a few questions for the doctor. Topping the list of questions, is my concern about the perinatologist. Last week I scheduled 2 classes with the hospital: infant care and breastfeeding. I can also take a C-Section class or Birthing Class, but I want to speak with my OB before deciding which to take since the classes are $105 a piece.

9 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

you look adorable. I bet your loving it. Congrats on the beautiful moment of feeling the kicks and movements. how exciting.

Sarah said...

Your bump is so cute! Yay for almost being halfway there!

Hoping to make it three!! said...

You look adorable! It is so fun to feel them move!

Rebekah said...

You look so stinking cute!!

Erin said...

You look great! Hope you are feeling well, too. Have you felt them move at the same time? Totally bizarre feeling!

For what it's worth, I wouldn't spend the money on either the childbirth or the c-section classes. I missed the class I had signed us up for because I was already on hospital bedrest, and the nurses reassured me that everything I'd need to know, the L&D nurse would tell me -- which turned out to be true. You can also get a book/video from the library and it will probably be as helpful as the class ... Just my thoughts, do what you want with them!

Kelli, Ken and Gia said...

your pictures are darling! You are looking great!

Kelli, Ken and Gia said...

Thanks for the comment. I am starting to like the belly, only because now I truly look pregnant and not just fat.

ps. WE DON'T HAVE SHAMROCK SHAKES YET! It's distressing!

stacey said...

You look adorable!!!!!!!!!!!

jessica56 said...

You are such a cute little pregnant lady! Keep up the posts- I love reading them:)