Sunday, February 1, 2009

Moving Up

I've found a show on TLC that I'm loving -- "Moving Up." The show has been on for a while, but I never saw it before because I'm strictly an HGTV girl. The premise of Moving Up is that it follows three families as they sell their beloved homes to buy new ones. The kicker is that you are allowed to go back to your old home after it's been renovated to suit the new homeowner's taste. Will you like the changes that they made or will it upset you that they changed everything that you used to love about your home? I just love the concept!

After watching the show, I wonder what the people who used to own our house would think of the changes that we've made. The kitchen and dining room have been torn apart to combine the two rooms. We destroyed their newly refinished basement to make a larger media area and add a bathroom and office -- I bet they never would have expected that since they only refinished the room less than a year before they sold it to us.
How do you think the people who owned your house before you would feel about the changes that you've made?

Old Living Room


New Living Room (these pics are about 2 years old, so the decorating has changed a bit, but you get the idea)



Old Kitchen & Dining Room


New Kitchen


Old Basement



New Basement


Before we moved into our house, we lived in a duplex that we rented for 2 years and I honestly have no interest in ever going back there to see how the new renter has decorated! I was so happy to be out of that place and never want to look back. It's a shame because it's where Justin and I started our engaged and married life together, but it never felt like "home" to us.
Tomorrow is the Big Ultrasound Day and we're doing everything in our power to keep busy so the day goes by quickly!

6 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

The changes you made to your house are amazing. Its just beautiful. Good job you two!
And as for tomorrow I can't wait to hear how it goes. Boy, girl, girl girl, boy boy, we will see. I'm so excited for you guys.

Christa Vagnozzi said...

Wow, this is so cool to see!! I love your house - it's my home away from home :)

Call me as soon as you find out tomorrow!!! Boy, girl, boy, girl - but I will love them no matter what. xoxoxo

Rebekah said...

I love Moving Up! I watched the several episodes this morning!

I love your decorating style. You've done an awesome job with your house, and I think the old owners would approve!

Good luck tomorrow!

Erin said...

Good luck tomorrow, I can't wait to read your post about what you're having!

The Wilson's said...

I love your updates, they look awesome! Can't wait to hear what you're having!

Karen said...

I love the changes you have made Jen. You could tell the house before had very 90's decor and now it is beautiful!!! I especially love the basement, what a difference. I can't wait to hear the results of your u/s!!!