Thursday, February 19, 2009

Guilty Pleasure

Almost every year, by the end of January, I'm ready for warm weather and less bulky clothing. Living in Philly will do that to you. We don't have beautiful snowy winters like they do in Colorado; we get gray skies, gray grass and when we do get a snowfall, that too, turns gray very quickly. What usually perks me up around the end of January is the knowledge that shamrock shakes are just around the corner. It sounds crazy, but every year I look forward to those thick, delicious, minty shakes from McDonald's.

This year, my best friend, Melissa and I went to McD's in mid-January looking for shamrock shakes. Talk about jumping the gun!! The nice voice behind the drive-through politely informed me that they won't be making the shakes until February. Now, deep down, I think we knew that, but I guess we figured it couldn't hurt to try.

I called Justin while driving home from work on Tuesday and informed him that I was going to swing by McD's and get myself a shake. He laughed at me and said "knock yourself out." It was immensely satisfying and I'm going to try and squeeze as many in as I can for the next month and a half (without going overboard). If you've never had one, I recommend giving them a try. There aren't too many things on the menu that I get from the 'House of Ronald', but this one tops that very short list. Cheers!

5 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

I've never tried one of these mint shakes your talking about. I of course like the french fries but I will have to try the shake sometime.

♥Tabitha said...

My-Goodness those sound Delicious! I hope they have them in California...I want one!

Sarah said...

I had McD's today and they weren't advertising their Shamrock shakes. I have never had these before. They sound yummy. Plus shakes are good for the twins! :-)

Kelli, Ken and Gia said...

They are back??? I LOVE SHAMROCK SHAKES! OBSESSED seriously. They had mint mudslide ones after the 2nd Shrek came out, but they weren't the same. A woman after my own heart. Thanks for the tip off. I'll be going today.

Erin said...

I haven't ever tried the Shamrock Shake -- but I did have a few chocolate shakes when I was pregnant with my twins! Delicious.