Tuesday, February 17, 2009

18 Weeks

Justin came home Friday night after being away for work for the week. He got home at 11:30 p.m. and it’s a small miracle that I managed to stay awake that long to greet him. After he greeted me and the twins, he commented on how much bigger I’ve gotten in the span of a week. He isn’t lying – I’ve went through a nice growth spurt in those 5 days that he was gone!

We spent Valentines day doing our normal weekend routine – Justin went to work on the house that he’s renovating with my parents while I did a little food shopping for our V-Day dinner. When he came home later that night, we made crab imperial, rice and a salad and watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azakaban. This was our 11th V-Day together and I have to admit, I think it was quite possibly the best. We never really do anything special, but it was nice to be together…the four of us.

On Sunday, we watched a few episodes of ‘Moving Up’ then got to working on the nursery and spare bedroom. We basically just did a furniture switcheroo between the two rooms. The nursery is now empty except for some spare furniture and some odds and ends. I hope to order the cribs in a couple of weeks then start priming the walls for their new paint color. We also found an awesome area rug that I can’t wait to order! Things are moving so quickly – I can’t believe we technically started working on the nursery already!

I didn’t post a belly picture from 17 week, so here goes…it was taken just before we went out with family and friends for Poppa V’s birthday dinner at a hibachi grill – what a fun time that was!


Here’s Sunday’s obligatory belly shot at 18 weeks.


This week, the twins are the size of a sweet potato, blood vessels can be seen through their skin and their ears have reached their final destination even though they can’t hear my voice yet. Discovery Health says that they’ll be able to hear me speak to them at about 25 weeks. Right now they can hear the sound of my heartbeat and blood rushing through the umbilical cord.

4 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

You look adorable. And I'm happy that your hubby's home with you again.
I hope you and your twinkies have a good rest of the week.

Erin said...

You look great! Hope you are feeling well and getting as much rest as you can.

Kelli, Ken and Gia said...

Cute bump pictures! You make my 17 week pictures look hideous! Ha! Sounds like you guys got some major stuff done this weekend on our nursery. I want pictures!

Melissa78 said...

Chica,
Did u actually do a bare belly shot? I am shocked, But LOVE it. Kepp growing little nuggets I can't wait to meet you.