Saturday, February 7, 2009

17 weeks

Justin and I went to Babies R Us on Friday night to register and we didn't realize how overwhelming the whole process could be! Which bottles do we choose? Do we really need two swings? Which baby carrier should we get? It seemed like the list was endless! BRU provided a "Baby Checklist" of items they suggest you register for, but it wasn't very helpful to us as we were trying to figure out how many items we needed for two babies. I went online and read a few articles that offered suggestions which I found very helpful, but it was still hard to decide. Thankfully, I think we did okay!

We spent our Sunday morning eating breakfast at our desk looking at baby nurseries online for some ideas. Since we picked out the baby bedding, we know which colors we plan on painting their room...so exciting!


This week, the babies are roughly 5 inches long and they're starting to accumulate some fat. I don't know about you, but I LOVE chubby little baby legs...and their cartilage is starting to turn into bone. I've definitely been feeling some movement going on and it's the most amazing feeling in the world. I just wish I felt it more often.


Another thing that I wasn't prepared for: crazy dreams. I'll spare you the details, but I woke up last week in tears because I dreamt that Justin was having an affair with someone and tried to play it off like it was no big deal, so I went to my mom's house so that she could comfort me and she told me it was no big deal and that she had slept with him too! UM, disgusting. This dream came out of left field, but at least he and I got to joke about it in the morning. I really need to start writing these down in some sort of pregnant dream diary. *Sorry mom if you're reading about this on here, but it was too strange for me just to tell you about in person -- love you!!*

4 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

Your dream is hilarious and yes very creapy.
How fun that you can feel the twins now. I bet it is absolutely amazing. I'm glad your doing well.
Thanks so much for the advice. I go to the dr. Today to make sure all is still ok. I appreciate the support.

Hoping to make it three!! said...

Hahaha. I laughed out loud when I read about your dreams because I have CRAZY ones too. So glad you are starting to feel the little guys move. I can't wait to see the bedding you picked out!

Ange said...

Oh my goodness - I can totally agree with the crazy dreams!!
We are just about to register too and are debating as to where. I think BRU has the best selection, but I know the process is daunting!
Good Luck!

Rebekah said...

Oh my gosh~that dream is so funny! Good luck with figuring out what to register for...I would have no idea what to do for 2!!