Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Times they are a changing

This past weekend, I went out to do some maternity shopping. I don't need pants yet, but some of my shirts are getting a little too short. They look fine in the morning, but after I eat all of my meals, my shirt is riding up and it looks stupid....so I bit the bullet, went out and got some clothes.

My first stop was the maternity section at Kohls. What a joke. There were 3 small racks of clothing. That's it, just 3 -- and hardly anything in my size. I ended up heading over to the clearance rack and found a summer dress for $4.90 and shirt for $3.20. That made me feel a lot better about their crappy selection!

I then headed over to the Motherhood Maternity Outlet in Franklin Mills. I did a little better there -- I got 2 dresses for work and a pretty black shirt and only spent $51. For shits and giggles, I tried on that "baby belly" that they provide in the dressing room. It's literally a lumpy round pillow on a strap...not too attractive under my dresses.

Last night before I went to bed, I laid out my outfit for the following day. A pair of Express Editor pants and a black shirt. These pants fit me a week and a half ago with a belly band...but I barely got them over my butt this morning. They were so tight around my hips and butt that there were these awful creases in them that I would never be able to hide! I couldn't believe that my butt grew that much in a week and a half! I need to get some cardio in or something...

The babies are the size of a peach this week and are forming teeth and vocal cords. I should enjoy this quiet time with them because once they make their arrival, I'm sure they'll be putting their vocal cords to good use!

2 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm not sure what they have right now but this past year my sister in law lived in the old navy maternity section. She said she didn't want to spend tons of money on clothes she could only wear for a weak and then she outgrew them. She really liked some of the more casual things they had.
Good luck!

Hoping to make it three!! said...

I like Motherhood so far. It's all reasonably priced and I have found some cute stuff. The Gap has some cute tuff online as well. I can't wait to find out what you are having!!!