Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I've been pretty bad about taking pictures of my belly during the pregnancy. Honestly, up until this week, I haven't really noticed a change in anything. Once I hit 11 weeks though, a little pudge arrived!

Here I am at 9 weeks --

Here we are on Christmas morning -- I think I was 10 weeks 4 days...

Here is 11 weeks 4 days -- I've got a little pudge action going on!

I haven't needed any maternity clothes yet, but I have used the belly band a few times with my jeans. I could easily get my jeans zippered, but if I sat down, it was pretty painful on my belly. My mom bought me some maternity clothes for Christmas and I have to be honest...I'm a little scared of them! She got me a couple of shirts and a dress which is really pretty, but the pants with the belly panel freak me out. I don't want to return them because I'm sure I'll need them eventually, but when I tried them on, there was lots of extra room in the butt and thigh area. I know that they will probably get big as well, but it was strange putting the pants without a 20 week pregnant belly!

I hope that everyone has a lovely, happy and healthy New Year! May 2009 bring you lots of love and happiness!

5 comments:

Gemma said...

Hi, I'm sure you'll fill those maternity clothes soon enough lol! You look great :-)

Meant to be a mom said...

The ultrasound on the 29th went great, We had 9 follies on one side and 14 on the other. We go back on the 5th to see how big they've gotten and when we leave (that week sometime) for st. Louis for the ivf. I CAN'T WAIT! But I'm scared but still I can't wait.

Your pics of your baby bump is adorable. And hopefully you'll be able to fit into those maternity pants. I'm guessing you will. How fun!
Happy new years to you also! This is going to a great year I just know it.

Erin said...

You look absolutely gorgeous! Not to worry -- you will definitely need those maternity pants (I know, that huge stomach panel is a bit daunting, right?) -- especially because you'll likely retain some water and get a little "puffy," so areas besides your stomach might need a little extra space, too! I definitely recommend checking out Gap Maternity -- they have fabulous sales and their stuff is "young" and of a good quality. It's definitely worth paying a bit more for a few staples -- because although you'll only wear them for 4 or 5 months, you'll wear them practically every day during that time! I love following your blog, and thanks for your comment on Sam & Ben!

Kelli, Ken and Gia said...

haha, cute bump...well, I am glad someone thinks so. :)

Rebekah said...

You look so cute! Happy New Year!