Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I smell everything

It's crazy how heightened my sense of smell has become over the past week. I can smell everything! Normal, lovely smells that never bothered me before and making me nauseous now. For instance, there's a woman in the office who eats brown maple & sugar oatmeal every morning and the smell has never bothered me before, but today it's downright disgusting. I take the train to work in the morning and, as you can imagine, trains sometimes have a funky smell, but the sweet lady who sat next to me was wearing perfume (which probably doesn't smell terrible at all to everyone else) and I had to sit during the 20 minute ride with my scarf over my nose and mouth. I probably looked like a crazy person, but what else could I do?!

In other events, Justin is in Cleveland the rest of this week for business. I hate when he travels, but it's part of the job. Tonight I'm going to my mom's house to spend some quality time with her and show her the latest ultrasound pictures. She'll be really excited!

This week, the babies are the size of a blueberry. As of Monday, according to the ultrasound, the babies are officially 1cm! Tiny little hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs. Eyelid folds are starting to form over their eyes, which already have some color and they also have an appendix and pancreas!
It's incredible to me that all of this is going on inside of me while I'm sitting at work! Talk about being productive!

2 comments:

Hoping to make it three!! said...

It really is the craziest thing. I swear I feel like a bloodhound!

leesamar32 said...

I just got to catch up on your blog and just watched the video from Thanksgiving. Chica did a great job capturing the parents expressions. I know it was hard for you to keep it a secret but obviously it was well worth the wait. I especially love how Mrs. V jumped right in and volunteered to be a full time babysitter! Your t-shirt is sooo cute. I was teary eyed watching the video...I am so excited for you two :) La La