Tuesday, December 23, 2008

10 weeks 2 days

I finally have a free moment where I'm actually able to quickly update my page! Things have been going pretty well for me though I've been exhausted, hence why I haven't been up-to-date with my blog! Last Tuesday, I had my first appointment with my OB -- I was 9w2d. It was a fairly uneventful appointment being as though I was so used to going to my RE and at every appointment she gave me an ultrasound and I got to see the little nuggets grow! At my OB appointment, I only had some blood work done as well as my annual exam. The doctor said my uterus was huge, which I took as a compliment ;-) He didn't try to listen for heartbeats because he said it was still fairly early and he didn't want me to be disappointed if he didn't find them. I go back next Monday at 11w1d to hopefully hear their two little heartbeats!

As far as morning sickness goes, I really can't complain. Between 7 & 9 weeks, I would feel nauseous and the smell of food would repulse me, but I've actually been pretty good for the last week. I haven't gained any weight yet, but Dr. D assures me that it's perfectly okay.

I can't wait to get my energy back. I literally don't want to do anything. I can barely keep myself awake at work and when I get home at night, I don't even have the energy to cook myself dinner. Justin's been doing all practically all of the housework (not that I mind!) while I lay on the sofa. I've really been neglecting things -- even my best friend mentioned to me that I say I'm going to call her back and I don't! It's embarrassing, but I can't wait to get back to normal.

The little nuggets can officially be called fetuses now -- how exciting!! They're swallowing fluid and kicking their little arms and legs like crazy. They've formed fingernails and have peach fuzz hair growing on their skin!
That prune doesn't look to appealing does it?

3 comments:

Hoping to make it three!! said...

Glad to hear everything is going well!! Hang in there the exhaustion gets better in the second trimester and your almost there!!! Congrats

Kelli, Ken and Gia said...

Congrats! I was just searching through here. I am about 2 weeks ahead of you with my twins! So exciting, huh?

Things are getting better here as far as nausea and exhaustion, so you'll be in the clear soon. Good luck!

Meant to be a mom said...

Great to hear all is going well.
Its so nice to hear the good side of the ivf stories. I feel very confident going into this, And lucky to be able to talk to you girls about all of this. I hope you get some energy back soon and that you had a great Christmas. :)