Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hearing the heartbeats

I was 11 weeks 1 day yesterday and got to hear the babies' heartbeats. It was incredible! The doctor told me not to get my hopes up about hearing them because it doesn't always work until 12 or 13 weeks, but as soon as he put the doppler to my belly, we heard our first baby. I closed my eyes and listened to his or her little heartbeat and it was the most amazing moment! He moved the doppler over to my right side and didn't hear anything so he moved it over to the left (and down just a bit) and there was the second baby. I breathed a sigh of relief because I really wanted the reassurance that they were both doing okay.


I've been feeling great this week! The nausea is gone and I was actually able to watch a movie last night and NOT fall asleep -- a miracle, let me tell you!! Now maybe I'll be able to catch up on some of my housework...

This week, the babies are each the size of a lime! Little tooth buds are beginning to appear and their bones are hardening. Their skin is actually transparent and you can see their blood vessels through it.

5 comments:

♥Tabitha♥ said...

Yay, congradulations!!

stacey said...

How exciting to hear the heartbeats!!!!

Hoping to make it three!! said...

Wonderful. I could listen to that sound all day long and never get sick of it! Congrats!

Little Wonders said...

Isn't it the most amazing thing ever to hear their heart beats for the first time?!! So cool! I'm also so happy to hear you are starting to feel better. My m/s keeps getting worse instead of better ;)

Kelli, Ken and Gia said...

I remember the first time we heard the heartbeats. Ken was shocked at how fast and I felt the same as you, more comforted than anything. Glad you are feeling better. I still have bad nausea, better today though. Housework is on my mind too. Ugh.