Monday, November 24, 2008

Second Ultrasound -- 6w1d

Wow. That's about all I can say about today's appointment. I was lying on the table, a bundle of nerves, just hoping and praying to see at least one of the babies' heartbeats but instead, we got to see both. It was the most amazing feeling! The sacs have gotten SO much bigger since last week.

Morning sickness is starting to set in. It's not terrible, but there are a lot of foods that repulse me and the smell of my kitchen is nauseating. I'm going to stop writing about it because it's making me queasy.
The babies are each the size of a little sweet pea! They are growing very quickly and are forming their eyes, ears, nose, cheeks and chin. Their little hearts are beating and blood is beginning to circulate!


Thursday is the day we tell our families at Thanksgiving dinner that we're expecting 2 new little additions to the family. It's been so hard keeping this a secret! We went out to dinner with my in-laws on Saturday night and I had to make up a lame excuse for why I couldn't have a margarita (my favorite!) at dinner. I think I have them fooled though!

3 comments:

Hoping to make it three!! said...

Oh jen thats wonderful! Congrats! I am so happy for you guys. What a very special Thanksgiving this will be for your family. I can't wait to hear the reveal story.

Erin said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations, I can't wait to hear how the Thanksgiving Day announcement goes!

WiseGuy said...

What a wonderful news! Congrats!