Sunday, November 9, 2008

IUI #2 = BFP!!

At work on Friday, I was extremely tired and I felt slight cramping in my stomach so I decided that on my way home that night, I was going to pick up some home pregnancy tests. I was 11 dpiui but I really wasn't too happy with the timing of my IUI this month, so I wasn't really sure what to expect.

IUI story -- My RE is closed on Sunday, so she performed my first IUI on Saturday 10/25. I got a positive OPK on Sunday morning and ovulated at 2:30 a.m. Monday morning -- the cramping woke me out of a deep sleep. Dr. H did my second IUI on Monday morning at 9 a.m.

Back to Friday night...I got home before Justin did so I immediately ran upstairs to do the test. I watched the wetness creep across the results screen. After about 10 seconds I saw that there were two lines. I swear that I will never ever forget that feeling! I ran around my bedroom with the test in my hand...I didn't know what to do with myself. I made the decision to run to Babies R Us to buy a onesie so that I could surprise Justin with an early anniversary present.

When he got home I was vacuuming the living room. He went upstairs to change out of his work clothes, so I followed him up and told him that I had an early anniversary gift for him. He was pretty excited about the gift -- he thought it was a Phillies World Series hat! dork. When he opened it up, he looked at me with the biggest smile on his face and I told him that he's going to be a daddy. He was thrilled -- we hugged, we kissed, and he immediately started calling me his "baby mama." So much for the romance!! I didn't even shed a tear when I told him, I was so giddy.

Here's the bag with the onesies and test in it.


These are the 2 onesies that I picked out...



Since I had another 2 tests in the box, I tested again on Saturday and Sunday...it's a bit compulsive, I know, but I haven't seen a positive result before! I was elated!



I'm currently waiting for my beta results. I was the first patient at my RE's office today! I'm hoping and praying for a strong number.

5 comments:

Christi said...

congrats to you. OMG, I am in your It can happen column, I was looking at the list and was like, huh?!? that's just weird

Tab said...

Oh-My-Goodness CONGRADULATIONS!!!

Jennifer said...

AAAAAAGHHHHHHH CONGRATS!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

Hoping to make it three!! said...

Sorry thats last comment under Jennifer was me logged in under my other account.....It made my day to hear your news today! Congrats!!!

Hope said...

Congrats to you!!!!