Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Empty Nursery

Last month, Justin and I hosted a surprise 50th birthday party for my mom. We had a lot of family and friends over to help us celebrate. A lot of the people who attended the party had never been to our house before so it was really fun to show them all of the hard work we put into our renovations. There is just one room in our house that we aren’t too proud of…our empty nursery. I purposely shut that particular bedroom door because I didn’t want anybody to go in there. It’s basically an empty room with an old desk in it. When we remodeled our basement, we added an office, so we moved all of the furniture down there and designated the old office as "our future nursery."

I honestly believed that that room would have been filled with a crib and a comfy rocker for me to nurse my baby in by now. Not to mention that delicious baby smell! I didn’t intend for it to be an empty room for so long.

Justin asked me last night if I would mind if we hosted a Christmas party for his work friends. I certainly don’t mind – I love throwing parties! But one thing is for sure – if there is no baby on the way come January when he plans on having this party, I’m turning that nursery into a nice sitting room. I don’t think I can handle more people asking when we’re going to have a baby because "this room would be perfect for a nursery."

I’m rounding out the end of my 2-week-wait. I'm feeling a lot better. Yesterday and today the bloat has gone down quite a bit. I don't know if that's a bad sign, but my pants aren't hurting me! I'll continue praying that my IUI worked this time around and I'll also pray for the other women who desperately want to fill their nurseries as well.

1 comments:

Karen said...

Good luck on the home stretch of your 2ww. I am 5dpiui and it is already a tough one.