Monday, October 27, 2008

Very interesting RE visit & IUI#2

Today I had a very interesting visit at the RE’s office. While I was waiting in the reception area to be seen by Dr. H, another patient started talking to me. This totally threw me off guard because usually people just make eye contact and maybe smile at you a little, but this woman was cheerful and spoke to me about what she was going through. She and her husband are both 47; they tried for 5 years before they had their son who is now 2 years old. Last year they adopted their daughter from Guatemala and now they’re trying for baby #3. She was very inspirational and positive. She said that the 5 years were rough on her, but obviously the outcome was worth it!

Now onto the actual appointment: I had an ultrasound and blood work. The ultrasound showed that all 3 of my large follies were released. I know when I ovulated because the pain woke me up at 2:30 this morning! I went into the IUI room and did my "dis-robing." I was lying on the table reading my book while waiting for Dr. H, when the door suddenly opened and a man with a suit walked into my room. I thought he was another doctor from the practice, but nope, he was ANOTHER Jennifer’s husband. He asked one of the nurses which room Jennifer was in and she pointed to my room. Wrong Jennifer. Luckily he didn’t get to see the goodies because there was a sheet over my lap, but it was still awkward. I think he was far more embarrassed than I!!

As far as the IUI went, Dr. H was very pleased with Justin’s count, motility and mobility. There were 95 million sperm post-wash, but his motility and mobility were far better than normal! I’m officially in the 2ww and I’m going to take it easy. The Phillies play the 5th game in the World Series tonight and I’m very confident that they’ll win!!!!! Hopefully I’ll be attending a World Series parade some time this week so I may do a little bit of drinking, but I won’t go overboard!

4 comments:

Tab said...

Yay for good counts!! I'm praying for you!

jessica56 said...

I hope you 2WW goes really quick and you get you BFP!!!

Hoping to make it three!! said...

I hope this is your month!!!

shocks said...

I hope this 2ww flies by for you!