Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Letting go of my VIP membership

I’ve officially done it -- I’ve cancelled my FF VIP membership! In May 2007 I started reading about Nesties who use fertilityfriend.com to track their cycles and I figured I’d give it a try too. I immediately signed up for the VIP membership because I was sucked in by the ability to overlap my charts, getting a green light on fertile days, having the site give me an "interpretation" of my cycle and so much more! However, after renewing my membership 5 times, I just didn’t want to spend the $16.95 for another three months of service, because if it hasn’t made a difference in my life so far, I doubt it will in the future. I’ve officially stopped temping and using the fertility monitor and I’m relying solely on my RE. I’m haven’t been checking my chart constantly and comparing it to girls who have gotten BFPs. I feel liberated!!

4 comments:

Tab said...

YAY! lol, I know how you feel. Iv'e been getting a +OPK every month like clockwork on CD 16, 17, or 18 for the last 21 months, so I officially stopped using them. Yeah, I'm getting +OPK's, but I'm still not pregnant, so what's the point on waisting the money?

jessica56 said...

Way to go! It is liberating when you can take some kind of control over IF! Good for you! I stoppped temping a while ago and now am back to using OPK since we are going "all natural" for the next few months. I will keep you in my thoughts.

stacey said...

Stopping charting is SO liberating!

Lisa said...

YAY!!! I recently stopped charting too and I feel so free : )