Monday, October 13, 2008

Here we go again!

AF came yesterday so I'm now on IUI cycle #2. I went in to see my RE today for an ultrasound and bloodwork and to also discuss my previous IUI cycle. I told her about my 10 day leutal phase on Clomid. She told me that she was glad I brought it up because it certainly isn't normal for Clomid to shorten your cycle -- it typically makes it longer. She's going to keep me on the 50mg of Clomid, but in addition, I'm going to take progesterone suppositories...super fun.

That was the long and short of it. One nice thing about today was there was a mother with a 2 month old baby in the reception area of my RE's office. She brought her son in to meet Dr. H and to thank her for helping to make her a mommy. I love seeing new mothers there because it gives me hope and reminds me that not everyone can have perfect TTC experiences. Some of us just need a little help and it's okay.

What I'm going to do different this cycle:

1. Pilates -- it's a nice stress reliever.

2. No alcohol. This is going to be tough for me, but I'm going to give it a whirl...I get one cheat day -- at my mom's birthday party.

3. Pineapple core. Lots of women do it. I guess I'll try it too.

4. No stress!! I know that this is virtually impossible, but I've got to calm myself down in the later part of the 2ww.

2 comments:

April said...

Those progesterone suppositories are not fun... I did lots and lots of them. :)

Good luck with this cycle!

WantWait&Pray said...

Hi, I found your blog through a fellow nestie and wanted to wish you good luck. I have heard of lots of women having luck with pineapple- who knew? I'll hope to see your BFP soon!!!!