Sunday, October 5, 2008

Decorating for Fall

It finally feels like fall here in Philly! Fall is my favorite time of year -- I like watching football, going to the pumpkin patch, haunted hayrides, candy apples, Halloween and Thanksgiving!

On Saturday, my mom and I went to Rice's Market and Peddler's Village in New Hope, PA. New Hope is about an hour north of my home in Philly, and I totally underestimated how much cooler it would be up there! I left the house with my Uggs and a light jacket, but when we got to Rice's, I needed to buy a hat and scarf to keep warm!

We spent about 2 hours wandering around and, other than the hat and scarf, I bought a 'Welcome Fall' garden rake for the front of my house, a little crow and some pumpkins. After Rice's, we went to Peddler's Village and had lunch at the Cock n' Bull -- yum!!

We drove by one of my favorite pumpkin patches in Buckingham, but we didn't stop by. I told my mom that I really can't wait to have children so that I can share all of my favorite things with them -- like picking out pumpkins! There were tons of young families there with their adorable children clutching pumpkins in their little arms. I can't wait to be able to do that too.

After we got home and my mom went on her way, I decorated the house for fall. We planted the mums last year and they started out a normal size, but grew into what you see now. They're enormous!!


I hope you all had a nice weekend too!



1 comments:

Tab said...

Wow...it looks fabulous! You've totally inspired me to decorate for fall and visit a pumpkin patch! =)