Thursday, September 11, 2008

Planning for vacation

On Saturday, Justin and I will be heading down to Ocean City, New Jersey for a week-long vacation. It’s a beautiful time of year to visit the Jersey shore because it’s not incredibly hot and it isn’t too crowded, plus we found a beautiful house right on the beach for a great price! I love sitting on the beach with Justin, when it’s a little cool out, wearing sweatpants and reading a good book. It’s so relaxing and I’m really looking forward to it!

Normally I’d prepare for vacation by making a list of items we need to bring with us, like beach chairs, books, towels, etc. However, this time it’s a little different because next week is the end of my 2ww. Based on previous cycles, AF would typically arrive 12DPO, or next Tuesday. Since I’ll be away, I had to do a little research and find out where the local pharmacies are so that my RE can call in my next Clomid prescription. I want to be prepared for the worst. I already told her that I won’t be able to make my CD3 appointment for next cycle and she said it won’t be a problem.

On the other hand, I’m also packing a HPT in case AF doesn’t show!

The only downfall to the entire week is that the house we’re renting doesn’t have internet connection!! Can I really be computer-free for an entire week?! We’re bringing the laptop and I may pop in to the local Starbucks to use their wireless.

I’ve got my books all ready, lots of DVDs and my man. I’m good to go!

4 comments:

stacey said...

Sounds like a fabulous time! And I so hope you don't need to find the pharmacy.

Tab said...

How fun! Have a great time, and try to relax and enjoy every moment, it may be one of your last vactations child-free!! =)

The Wilson's said...

Sounds like a great getaway, and a great idea! I could really use an escape this week!

Hoping to make it three!! said...

Haha. Sometime I feel like we are the same person! Jeff and I are leaving for vacation next week and I'm in the same boat about AF showing up or not. Lets hope we both have good luck! Have an awesome vacation.