Friday, September 19, 2008

IUI # 1 Results

We just got back from our week-long vacation down the Jersey shore. We had a wonderful time with our friends and family. I ate out so much, I swear I gained 5 pounds!!

The down side to our vacation was that I got AF on Sunday. Sunday?!?! She wasn't supposed to show until 12 dpo, or Tuesday. That means I had a 10 day LP!! I thought Clomid was supposed to make my cycle longer! Needless to say, I was a little depressed, but Justin did a great job at keeping me distracted. I called my RE on Monday and told her that AF showed. Since I couldn't make it to an appointment at all last week, she postponed my 2nd IUI until my October cycle. I was so upset, but I have to believe that things happen for a reason.

So now I wait until October for another IUI. I know for sure that when I speak to my RE, I'd like to know why the 50mg of Clomid shortened my LP. Is that normal?

5 comments:

M Astley said...

have a nice weekend.....i think Disney world is interesting .. so plan a trip to this Island and reveal some new attractions of Disney world...

Lisa said...

Were you monitored? I have always heard that clomid can make your LP longer too, so I would def. ask your RE.

Sorry about your 2nd IUI being postponed...hopefully oct. will be your month!

Hoping to make it three!! said...

I am sorry to hear that sweetie. I am thinking about you. My luteal phase was the same on clomid. What was your progesterone at CD21?

Tab said...

I'm so sorry, I was really disapointed when my first IUI didn't work last month...it's like I just KNEW it would work w/ medical intervention...but it didn't. (((HUGS))) Hopefully your October cycle will be the winner for you! You'll be in my prayers!

Jennifer said...

Hi ladies, thanks for your well wishes :-)

This was a monitored cycle for me. Everything pre and post O was perfect. I don't remember my exact progesterone level, but I do remember that it was right where it was supposed to be.

As Tab put it, after having medical intervention, I just felt like "this has to be it."