Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dealing with stress

The other day, someone posted this question on the Nest: how do you deal with the stress that's associated with having trouble TTC? I responded that I don't handle the stress very well at all. What I meant was that I don't consciously do anything to relieve my stress (except maybe have a glass of wine.)

Today, while I was shampooing my living room carpet for the second time this month, I realized that there's only one thing that actually makes me feel better about my situation....cleaning. When I'm stressed, I grab the ipod and go to town on my house. I just spent the past 3 hours mopping the hardwood floors, dusting and shampooing the living room carpet....and I'm not done yet either. I still need to clean the baseboards. On Sunday I organized my closet and I was elated when I was finished. It honestly makes me feel like everything is in order when my house is clean.

I wish I was like some women who workout when they're feeling stressed. It would be nice to run for an hour or two to clear my head (plus I'd be getting some much needed cardio), but I just don't have it in me. I can, however, clean like it's nobody's business!

Is there anything that you do to make yourself feel better when you're having a bad day?

1 comments:

Tab said...

I'm with you...I'm actually a big cleaner/organizer-when-stressed too! (It's nice to know I'm not alone!)